- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Nankai Shochu
- 4 oz Tomato/Clamato Juice
- 0.5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- 1 dash Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch Yuzu Pepper
- Combine lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and yuzu pepper in shaker.
- Add ice, Nankai Shochu, and tomato/clamato juice.
- Shake and strain into highball glass with ice.
- Garnish with favorite pickles, vegetables, or lime wedge.
Our Bloody Mariko was one of the first cocktails we figured out when we started developing the Nankai brand back in 2015, way before we even launched. The Bloody Mary is one of co-founder Paul’s favorite drinks and he wanted a Japanese version, specifically one that uses the flavors of Kagoshima. Hence, we use yuzu pepper instead of black pepper and soy sauce as the secret umami weapon.