Nankai Gold Fashioned
- 2 oz. Nankai Gold Premium Barrel-Aged Shochu
- 1 tsp Sugar kokuto black sugar recommended
- 3 dashes Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 splash Soda water
- 1 Orange Peel
- Add sugar, Angostura bitters, and splash of soda water to a rocks glass. Muddle.
- Add 2 oz. of Nankai Gold.
- Add large ice cube and stir 10 times.
- Express orange peel over drink (pith facing away) and garnish.
Nankai Gold Fashioned = Japanese Old Fashioned
The Nankai Gold Fashioned was born our of love for whisky cocktails. When you think of whisky cocktails, the classic Old Fashioned is probably the first one that comes to mind. And it’s well deserved to be remembered for it’s a timeless template. When you apply the same techniques and ingredients to a craft spirit like shochu, particularly one that has been barrel-aged in American White Oak and French Limousin Oak, what do you suppose you’ll get? A damn good Old Fashioned is what.