This cocktail was directly responsible for Nankai Shochu co-founders Paul and Mai getting married. This delicious cocktail takes advantage of Nankai Shochu's umami-enhancing properties and perfectly marries tomatoes with basil, lemon, and a little sweetness.
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Nankai Shochu or Nankai Gold
- 6 Grape tomatoes
- 3 Basil leaves
- ⅓ Lemon
- 1 tsp Honey
- Muddle tomatoes and basil in shaker.6 Grape tomatoes, 3 Basil leaves
- Add shochu, juice of lemon, and honey.2 oz Nankai Shochu or Nankai Gold, ⅓ Lemon, 1 tsp Honey
- Add ice and wet shake vigorously.
- Strain and serve in a coupe or martini glass.
- Feel free to make this boozier by upping the ounces of shochu from 2 oz to 3 oz or for using Nankai Gold (43% abv) instead of regular Nankai Shochu (24% abv).
- Feel free to use agave or simple syrup or other sweetener in lieu of honey. If it’s a diluted syrup, add a touch more.
- This cocktail is excellent with food, including fish, chicken, and pasta dishes.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.1g | Sugar: 13.2g